Monday, October 4, 2010

Spider Webs

Usually I sew on my machine everyday(Or at least one of my machines), but I haven't touched it for the past month. It's not as bad as it may seem because I have been in a mode of trying to complete hand applique blocks I started years ago. I started a Fancy Dresden plate quilt several years ago and after getting most of the blocks appliqued down to the background fabric I realized the fabric I had chosen was molding. I had to un-sew every block and get some white fabric and re-applique them to the new backing. I got discouraged and put the project in a drawer and forgot about it. Now several years later I have been trying to finish a lot of unfinished projects before starting new ones and I have been working on appliqueing these Dresden plates down while I watch TV in the evening. I am down to the last half dozen and was making good headway until one of the kittens chewed the thread right off my block and swallowed it needle and all! So now my sewing is stored in a sewing box that I had out in my studio for years! I don't want anymore accidents!

I have hand quilted several small projects this year and will include photos at the end of this blog. They are all miniature doll quilts that were made for friends on an online swap sight. I have lots of blocks from block exchanges that I need to do something with but life keeps getting in my way! Eventually I will get a list of helpful quilting tips onto the blog so that I might help others with answers to some of the questions I am asked all the time about quilting. And you can see some of the quilts I have made by checking out my Quilt photo album on my Facebook page.

Here are the photos I promised!

No comments:

Post a Comment