Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dresden Plates

I can't believe it...after all these years I finally finished appliqueing the last of my fancy Dresden plate blocks! Now I have to decide how to set them into a top. I have hundreds of 2.5" HST in ivory and 30s reproduction fabrics that I could use between the blocks or I can sash them with a triple strip sashing alternating between pastels and jewels tones. I guess I will do a couple of each and then take everything out to my studio and lay it out on the floor and see which I like the best. And I haven't decided what to use on the back of the quilt. I always back my quilts with a darker fabric because light ones show dirt much easier. The only thing I know for sure is that I am going to hand quilt it. I will put it in my big frame and then baste it so I can quilt it in the house over the winter. I love to hand quilt in the evenings while I watch all my favorite shows on tv. I am hoping to have 3 large quilts basted before it gets too cold in the studio to work out there. Since the studio isn't insulated that means by the end of November I need to have them all basted! Piece of cake! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment