Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mug Rugs Crazy



I have been working on large projects that needed more time to complete and got to the point I felt I wasn't accomplishing anything. So I took the day off to make Mug Rugs. Now for those of you who don't know Mug Rugs are larger than coasters but not a big as hot pads. They are to catch the condensation on a hot cup of tea or mug of hot cocoa or even the sweat from a glass of iced lemonade. They aren't anything too big just big enough to set a mug on. Sometimes they have a pocket for a tea bag or cookie and sometimes they even have a pocket for a spoon. I created mine so you could stick you tea bag and sweetener in the pocket fold the mug rug over the pocket and tuck it into your purse for work. The backs are just selvages from fabric I have been working with. I made 5 in one day and now I am doing a demonstration for this blog of step by step how I made them.

No comments:

Post a Comment