Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy 2011!

I decided to start 2011 by using up my stash of UFO's and orphan blocks to make tiny quilts to go with the kittens to their forever homes. One has found a home and took one of the quilts before I got the photos taken but I will make sure that doesn't happen again. I want them each to have a small doll quilt to take so they will have something that smells like this home to keep them company while they adjust to their new home. Its tough letting them go but this house is way too small for 13 cats. They have started fighting and that's when its time to find them forever homes where they all can get the love and attention that they deserve.
These are the 3 little girls that are left laying on a folder quilt in a window. They are Barbie, Rockette, and Eclipse. Barbie got her name because her foot pads are pink and she is black and white which is the classic Barbie colors. She also naps in a basket of pink, black and white Barbie blocks from a swap. I will be making her quilt this weekend out of left over blocks from the swap. That way she will have a quilt that will smell familiar.
I will try to post pictures as I get the kittens quilts done and also the pictures of the lap robes for our local VA hospital that I am using up left overs on. I've got to reduce my stash and I think that is a very good way to get it done. I will also try to post more often now that we are finding forever homes for the kittens. Right now all my extra money is going to cat food and litter. You wouldn't believe how much 13 cats go through in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment